Thursday 25 March 2010

ENSIXTEEN EDITIONS - THE BOOKS - 'bio auto graphic': Issue Zero 2004





This initial attempt (Autumn 2004) to create a narrative out of personal experience and opinion and reaction went rather well, if I do say so myself.
With the gauntlet thrown down by a friend - 'Why don't you tell your own stories?' - I felt my way through stabs at a playful, freewheeling mix of words and pictures, surprising myself here and there. It set the stall out for what was to come; instinctive layout, hand-generated text not typesetting, a version of myself - of initially questionable accuracy - that knows he's a drawing and revels in it.

Moments of the private played off against the public events on the world stage.

It felt, after 18 years of dancing to the tune of others - in publishing and moving image - the most comfortable thing in the world.

1 comment: